Using funds more effectively and mobilizing private investment to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) has become a key concern of many development agencies and donor organizations. While the idea to create blended finance models is compelling, one specific approach holds particular promise: empowering high-impact enterprises with market-based solutions to scale and deliver positive impact in a sustainable way – a bottom-up approach.
The Impact Investment & Blended Finance (IIBF) executive programs are aimed to do just that. They are explicitly shaped towards providers of concessional capital such as project and program managers in development agencies, public or multilateral organizations and foundations with a focus on international development. They are practice-driven and designed for participants who strive to maximize the impact of their grants or investments, master the basics of Blended Finance and to be on top of the latest developments and discussions, in order to learn how to effectively crowd-in private capital to finance the SDGs.
The program is organized by the Initiative for Blended Finance, with the program partners University of Zurich Center for Sustainable Finance and Private Wealth (CSP), Convergence and Roots of Impact.
The upcoming iterations, which will take place in Zurich, are scheduled as follows:
(1) May 14 to 15, 2020: This 2-day program format is specifically designed for time- and budget-conscious participants. It will focus on the core lectures and typically include two live cases. For more information, lecturers and prices, download the program flyer below.
(2) September 9 to 11, 2020: This 3-day program is our core format and meant for those who wish to witness more inspiring live cases. For more information, lecturers and prices, download the program flyer below.
These programs are always fully booked so to avoid disappointment, and take advantage of our early bird deals, please apply soon!
This hands-on learning experience will deliver practical, actionable and relevant knowledge on how to mobilize private investment for sustainable development and create impact at scale. Topics covered include:
- The role of the private sector for achieving the SDGs - case studies and best practices
- Introduction to impact investing and blended finance
- Different approaches to attracting private capital
- Choosing the right instrument to catalyze private investment
- Impact-linked finance and pay-for-success instruments
- The role of impact management
- Mis-conceptions and mis-directions in blended & impact finance
- Live cases: impact, blended and innovative finance solutions from the field
KEY BENEFITS FOR PARTICIPANTS
- Meet and learn from top speakers from OECD, Roots of Impact University of Zurich Convergence, Harvard University, Social Value UK, UBS, leading impact funds and social entrepreneurs.
- Network with your peers from across the globe, most of whom are project- and program managers in development agencies, public or multilateral organizations and foundations with a focus on international development.
2-day program Early Bird CHF 2,450 Regular Price CHF 2,950
3-day program Early Bird CHF 3,350 Regular Price CHF 3,950